Herbal Teas For Sleeping-16 herbal teas helping you to sleep in the night.
- Herbal Teas For Sleeping-16 herbal teas helping you to sleep in the night.
- Sleep Benefits
- Herbal Teas Good For Sleeping
- 1.Herbal Teas For Sleeping-Lavender
- 2. Herbal Teas For Sleeping-Chamomile
- 3. Herbal Teas For Sleeping-Banana Skin
- 4. Herbal Teas For Sleeping-Passionflower
- 5. Herbal Teas For Sleeping-Lemon Balm
- 6. Herbal Teas For Sleeping-Valerian Root
- 7. Herbal Teas For Sleeping-Magnolia Bark
- 8. Herbal Teas For Sleeping-Decaffeinated Green
- 9. Herbal Teas For Sleeping-Peppermint
- 10. Herbal Teas For Sleeping-Hops
- 11. Herbal Teas For Sleeping-Lemongrass
- 12. Herbal Teas For Sleeping-St John’s Wort
- 13. Herbal Teas For Sleeping-Catnip
- 14. Herbal Teas For Sleeping-Spearmint
- 15. Herbal Teas For Sleeping-Ashwagandha
- 16. Herbal Teas For Sleeping-California Poppy
- How To Get Sleep-Other Measures
Herbal Teas For Sleeping-16 herbal teas helping you to sleep in the night.
Nowadays many people struggle to get a good night’s sleep. You may find it difficult to fall asleep or may wake up several times through the night due to sleep disturbance.
Causes Of Insomnia Of Sleep Disturbance.
This can be caused by many different issues such as,
- Poor diet,
- Hormone imbalances,
- anxiety or
- Blood sugar problems or sometimes
- Not having a good mattress like Sleepwell mattress
It is important to fix this sleep disturbance as soon as possible as sleeping deep is important for restoring and repairing the cells of the body.
During sleep the body,
- Produces collagen,
- Repairs the muscles and tissues,
- Rejuvenates the mind and memory, and
- Synthesizes hormones.
Herbal Teas Good For Sleeping
what herbal teas are good for sleeping?
Let’s discuss a list of 16 herbal teas that help you sleep deeply and peacefully at night.
1.Herbal Teas For Sleeping-Lavender
Lavender tea is by far the most popular tea for promoting relaxation in the body. The natural compounds in its wonderful smell soothe the nervous system and induce a state of calm before sleep.
Lavender can also improve overall sleep quality, making you less likely to wake up during the night.
Get it here- https://amzn.to/2Ba2lBr
2. Herbal Teas For Sleeping-Chamomile
This tea contains an antioxidant called apigenin. This acts as a mild tranquilizer which binds to certain brain receptors to reduce anxiety. Anxiety and overthinking are two of the leading causes of sleep disorders.
Get it here-https://amzn.to/31g6mii
3. Herbal Teas For Sleeping-Banana Skin
Instead of throwing away your banana skins, you can wash them to remove pesticides and then steep in boiling water. Drinking this an hour or two before bed supplies the body with tryptophan.
Tryptophan increases serotonin and melatonin neurotransmission in the brain, promoting a peaceful night’s sleep.
4. Herbal Teas For Sleeping-Passionflower
One of nature’s best herbs for treating overthinking and anxiety. It boosts the level of GABA in the brain, a chemical which regulates mood. The flower has become very popular in recent times and acts as a wonderful sleep aid.
Get it here-https://amzn.to/2ONaPqe
5. Herbal Teas For Sleeping-Lemon Balm
This herb was commonly used in the middle ages to treat insomnia and stress. This is a very sharp tea which induces feelings of calmness and peace. It contains natural compounds which relax the muscles and can be easily grown at home.
Get it here- https://amzn.to/2oEF6wL
6. Herbal Teas For Sleeping-Valerian Root
The roots of the Valeriana Officinalis plant offer an earthy flavoured tea. This contains traces of camphor and pinene and is brewed with warm, but not hot water.
It is one of the most powerful sleep aids when it comes to treating insomnia and boosting sleep quality. Be sure to check with your doctor as this can sometimes interfere with prescription medications.
Get it here- https://amzn.to/31caQql
7. Herbal Teas For Sleeping-Magnolia Bark
The bark of the magnolia tree is used to make a powerful sleep aid and herbal tea. This works as an anxiolytic, meaning that it lowers stress anxiety and depression.
Its natural bioactive compounds boost GABA neurotransmitters in the brain which stops overthinking. Magnolia bark also activates cannabinoid receptors in the body which supports the immune system and reduces aches and pains.
8. Herbal Teas For Sleeping-Decaffeinated Green
Decaffeinated Green tea comes from the same plant as black tea but is harvested in a different way. It contains more naturally occurring chemicals such as EGCG which lower inflammation in the body.
A healthier overall body leads to better brain function and healthy sleep patterns.
Get it here- https://amzn.to/2Md1R3J
9. Herbal Teas For Sleeping-Peppermint
Peppermint is a hybrid herb between spearmint and watermint plants. Steeping some peppermint in hot water produces a relaxing sleep which helps to soothe upset stomachs and gas. Many pregnant women also drink this to reduce nausea and morning sickness.
Get it here- https://amzn.to/2ph5wEU
10. Herbal Teas For Sleeping-Hops
The female flowers known as hops are well known to be used in making beer. Hops tea offers a similar flavour and has a sedative effect. You can often find tea blends with hops and valerian used together for a stronger tranquilizing effect.
Get it here-https://amzn.to/2OINNkb
11. Herbal Teas For Sleeping-Lemongrass
This plant is native to Asia, India and Australia and makes for a very citrussy tasting tea. The lemony flavour is very light and refreshing and helps to stimulate serotonin in the brain.
Lemongrass helps to regulate sleep cycles, so drink this daily to enjoy its full benefits.
Get it here- https://amzn.to/2OMnvxu
12. Herbal Teas For Sleeping-St John’s Wort
This tea contains a number of compounds which act as anti-depressants and sleep aids. This is yet another tea which stimulates the GABA receptor in the brain, for a relaxing night’s sleep.
Get it here- https://amzn.to/2VJeqab
13. Herbal Teas For Sleeping-Catnip
Although this tea makes cats go crazy, it has a very different effect on humans. Catnip triggers feelings of drowsiness which can make you sleepy. It is also used for relieving tension headaches and neck pain.
Get it here- https://amzn.to/33wCvDI
14. Herbal Teas For Sleeping-Spearmint
The menthol found in spearmint helps the body to digest foods and calm the body. This tea has an excellent flavour and is one of our personal favourites for relaxation and stress relief.
Get it here- https://amzn.to/2pe00CR
15. Herbal Teas For Sleeping-Ashwagandha
This Ayurvedic herb is perfect for those who have hormone imbalances. Ashwagandha is particularly useful for women during menstruation, as it can relieve cramps and pain. It is also useful for men in balancing hormone levels.
Get it here- https://amzn.to/2VJeYgf
16. Herbal Teas For Sleeping-California Poppy
This flower also contains natural components which ease nervous agitation, aches, pain and insomnia. This is often used to treat bed wetting in children and diseases of the liver and bladder.
So, friends, there is a great range of herbal teas that can help you to sleep peacefully and restoratively.
How To Get Sleep-Other Measures
In addition, it’s also recommended to
- Eat a stalk of celery each night as it can help to regulate the bodies temperature. Temperature control is important during the moments while sleeping.
- If you still have trouble sleeping then you must cut out sugar and caffeine from the diet. It is likely that these are stimulating your mind and keeping you ‘wired’ at night.
- Deep breathing exercises and meditation are also excellent practises for calming blood pressure and relieving tension.
- You can try out deep breathing whilst lying in bed in order to relax and drift off.
This is all about, Herbal Teas For Sleeping-16 herbal teas helping you to sleep in the night.
I hope you will like this information. Feel free to ask any query by mail at
Visit and Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for Health Videos at
Like and share the article with your loved ones, by clicking on the Social Icons given below.