- Knee Pain- Pain Management|Knee Pain Reasons|Swollen Knee Treatment
- Knee Pain Diagnosis
- knee structure
- Knee Pain Reasons
- Knee pain Reasons-Less Common
- Knee Pain Symptoms
- Ayurvedic View for Knee Pain
- Swollen Knee Treatment
- Swollen Knee Treatment-Ayurvedic Treatment
- Food For Knee Pain
- Foods To Avoid Knee Pain
- Yoga for Knee Pain
Knee Pain- Pain Management|Knee Pain Reasons|Swollen Knee Treatment
Let’s discuss a very common problem of nowadays that is, Knee Pain- Pain Management|Knee Pain Reasons|Swollen Knee Treatment . It is a very common complaint. Daily about 50 percent of the patients visiting me, above 50 years of age are the victims of this frustrating disease.
Knee Pain Diagnosis
- Lower part of the thighbone,
- Upper part of the shinbone,and
Knee Pain Reasons
- Osteoarthritis and
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
2. Rheumatoid arthritis
◆Knee Ligament Injuries
◆Patellar tendonitis and tear
◆Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome
◆Iliotibial Band Syndrome
Knee pain Reasons-Less Common
1. Dislocated Kneecap
3. Osteochondritis Dissecans
4. Plica Syndrome
5. Osgood-Schlatter’s Disease
6. Kneecap Fracture
7. Knee Joint Infection
8. Bone Tumor
Knee Pain Symptoms
- Inability to walk
- An injury that causes deformity around the joint
- pain that occurs on the night or while restingUnable to bend the knee
- Signs of an infection, including fever, redness, warmth
- Any other unusual symptoms
Ayurvedic View for Knee Pain
Swollen Knee Treatment
A. Self-Care Strategies
3. Physical Therapy
Swollen Knee Treatment-Ayurvedic Treatment
1.Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera)
2.Guggul( Commiphora Mukul)
3.Garlic (Allium sativum)
4.Ginger (Zingiber officinale)
5.Lemon juice (citrus juice)
Food For Knee Pain
- Fresh Orange juice
- Fruits like mango, kiwi, papaya orange, and grapefruit as these fruits are rich in vitamin C, which helps to ease the pain.
- Fish as fatty acids in fish can prevent inflammation in the knee and also block the proteins that erode cartilage of the knee.
- One should take fresh and warm cooked foods
- Take a light diet
- Avoid refrigerated and stale foods
- Wheat or brown bread is good
- Switch to green and boiled vegetables
- Fasting is practiced once a week. .to remove ama from the body.
- Lunch and dinner should be taken on time.
- Avoid fast and junk foods
- One should not take hot, spicy, deep fried and high protein diet.Avoid cold drinks, soft drinks, and aerated ones
- Overeating of food should be avoided
Foods To Avoid Knee Pain
- One should avoid wind forming foods such as potatoes, spinach, and cauliflower etc.
- We should avoid excessive intake of white sugar, tea, alcohol, coffee, yogurt, chocolate, and cocoa etc.
- One should avoid waking up late at night, sleeping during the day, and psychological stresses such as fear, stress, anxiety etc.
Best Knee Exercises For Pain on daily basis-सूक्ष्म व्यायाम
- Moving toes inward and outward
- Rotation of toes clockwise and anti-clockwise
- Bend your knees and drag your heels to and frओ
- Static March past
Yoga for Knee Pain
Benefits Of Yoga for Knee Pain
Yoga can help to stretch tight muscles that can pull on the knee.
- Mountain Pose
- Triangle Pose
- Warrior II
- Hero’s Pose
- Downward Facing Down..
We will discuss Yoga for knee pain in detail in next write-up
Friends, this was all about, Knee Pain- Pain Management|Knee Pain Reasons|Swollen Knee Treatment
I hope you will like this information. Feel free to ask any query by mail at
Visit and Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for Health Videos at
Like and share the article with your loved ones, by clicking on the Social Icons given below.
Senior Ayurvedic Medical Officer