Paralysis | Types Of Paralysis-Bell’s Palsy |Paralysis Causes-Symptoms
The human body is a complex structure. Medical science keeps trying to solve the tangled knots. At the same time, there are some troubles of the body, over which complete control has not been possible. One such problem is paralysis.
The sick person may suffer from discomfort when the body is paralyzed and the treatment of a paralytic attack is also a complex process.
In this article, let’s know about,
- Paralysis Attack
- Types Of Paralysis
- Bell’s Palsy
- Paralysis Causes
- Paralysis Symptoms
- Prevention Of Paralysis
Let’s first know,
What is Paralysis?
Paralysis means affecting the functioning of muscles. In this state, the muscles of any one part of the body stop working. This situation arises when the exchange of messages between the brain and muscles does not occur properly. Paralysis can be complete or partial.
Let’s now know,
Types of paralysis
Its types are many. To understand this easily, we understand it by dividing it into, the affected part and, time and duration.
Depending on the affected part:
firstly, In this type, only one part of the body is affected. As a result, in a monoplegia paralytic attack, one arm is usually affected.
Secondly, One side affected part is called hemiplegia paralytic attack. In this case, one arm, one leg and trunk (abdomen, shoulder, chest) of the same side of the body are affected.
This type is also known as tetraplegia as this, both arms and both legs of the person’s body are affected.
The paralysis attack below the waist is called paraplegia so in this type, both the legs of the person are affected.
In this type, the person’s muscles are weak and paralyzed on the face. During this time, the face becomes slightly drooping, causing problems in speaking and eating.
2. Now let’s know types,
Based on Time And Duration
Such paralysis is divided into two parts,
This type of paralysis attack can occur due to any deficiency in the body or due to some type of accident. In this, the person can hear but is not able to react in any way. There is no activity in the affected part of the body.
This occurs for a short time, like bell’s paralysis. It is also called sleep paralysis. With the help of treatment, the patient recovers in some time. Temporary paralysis is also the inability to move while sleeping, unable to move or speak after getting up.
Statistics indicate that sleep paralysis attacks affect 8% of the general population. Therefore, whenever anyone gets the symptoms of a paralytic attack, one should contact a doctor immediately.
Let us now know the reasons.
Causes of Paralysis
Its causes can be many, amongst these, Let’s talk about some of the main causes.
- Stroke or any kind of attack.
- Sleep paralysis.
- Deep injury to bone or back and head.
- Hypokalemia (low potassium).
- Multiple sclerosis – Central nervous system i.e brain and spinal cord disease.
- Feeling of weakness in one part of the body, hands or both hands and feet.
- Polio infection.
- Neck injury.
- Autoimmune diseases such as Gülen-Barre syndrome.
- Alcoholic myopathy – myopathy is a muscle-related disease. The muscle fibers in this do not function properly and this condition can be caused by drinking excessive alcohol.
- Congenital myopathy means the weakening of muscles since birth.
- Dermatomyositis, which consists of skin rash, muscle weakness, and inflammation.
- Muscle weakness caused by drugs like statins and steroids.
- Muscular dystrophy, in this, the muscles become weak due to the non-production of protein.
After the causes, further, let’s know about the symptoms.
Symptoms Of Paralysis
Some of the symptoms are as follows, however, there are many, but we will discuss some main symptoms:
- Inability to move the body
- Occasional muscle cramps.
- Numbness of any part of the body.
- Pain in the paralyzed area.
- Needle-like prick in paralyzed portion.
- Weakness in muscles (Platysma).
- A one-sided portion of the face is weak.
These were the symptoms, let us now know further, in what circumstances there is a fear of paralysis attack.
Risk factors of paralysis
After knowing the symptoms, it is also very important to know what are the reasons, why the fear of paralysis attack can increase.
Let’s know the risk factors which can cause it.
- Thoracoabdominal aortic replacement.
- Thyroid surgery.
- Zika virus.
- Neural disorders.
- Exercise more in the evening.
- Excess of carbohydrate-rich food.
After so much information about paralysis, it is also necessary to know about its prevention, which we are discussing now.
Prevention Of Paralysis
The way to prevent it is to avoid the risk factors, which we have already discussed. Moreover, in such a situation, everyone should take care of these things to avoid a paralytic attack.
- Spinal cord protection.
- Protect the head.
- Do not exercise at high speed.
- Avoid overeating carbohydrates.
- Avoid alcohol consumption
- Protect yourself from viral infections.
- Contact the doctor if you feel any weakness in the muscles.
So, friends, this is all about, Paralysis | Types Of Paralysis-Bell’s Palsy |Paralysis Causes-Symptoms
Mail me for any query at,
Visit and Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for Health Videos at
I hope you will like this article. Feel free to comment and share with your loved ones, to show you care for them, by using the following social icons.
In the next article, we will go into detail about the Ayurvedic treatment of paralysis.